In India, karanji is a very popular Sweet Dish. Karanji are the very delicious sweet dishes found across the world. Karanji is one of the most popular sweet snacks made during Diwali. Learn how to make the best crispy Karanji with coconut filling at home. Its taste is very delicious.
- 250 grams All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup Grated Dry Coconut
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Semolina (Zero number)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Raisins, chopped
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- Dry Fruits (almond, cashew)
To Make the Stuffing:
- In a pan heat some ghee. Then add semolina and roast it for some time.
- Then add dry fruits, poppy seeds & grated coconut. Mix everything well.
- Transfer this stuffing in a bowl and add chopped raisins, cardamom powder and powdered sugar. Mix everything well. Stuffing is ready.
To Make the Karanji:
- In a large bowl add all purpose flour, hot ghee and a pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients.
- Then add water as required and make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in three portions. Roll out chapatis of each portion.
- Apply the mixture of ghee & corn flour to each chapati and place it on top of another as shown in the video.
- Roll the chapatis and close the ends.
- Cut the roll in small sizes. Roll the portion to make a not too thin puri.
- Take a tsp of the filling in the middle of the puri and stick the edges together. Cut the edges with a roller.
- Deep fry the karanji in medium hot oil in low flame till golden brown.
- Cool it and be ready to be served.