In India Surmai Fish Fry is very famous in the north state and south states but in the state of Maharashtra it is a very popular dish. Surmai Fish Fry is one of the very dishes to find across the world. The Surmai Fish is called the King of the fish. Surmai Fish Fry is a seafood dish. Always be purchased Fresh surmai. When I stayed in Alibaug for 3 days, in their sea shore near hotels eating many types of Surmai Fish fry In Surbhi hotel Its taste is very spicy and delicious. Surmai Fish Fry can make easily available ingredients at home. There are many types of Surmai Fish Fry But I make this Surmai Rava Fry Alibaug Hotel style at home in an easy way. This Surmai rava fry it’s crispy outside and soft inside. This Surmai rava fry recipe It can be made marinated with surmai. So that’s why it increases the taste of it to make it very Sour and spicy.
- 7 to 8 pc Surmai (slice)
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Coriander, green chilli, Ginger paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 4 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 small bowl semolina/rava
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 5 tsp oil
- First take one by one surmai slice and clean and wash it 2 to 3 times. Remove excess water by using palm. And put it on a plate.
- For Marination add into the Surmai fish bowl 1 tsp Garlic paste, 2 tsp coriander, green chilli,ginger paste, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 2 ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 ¾ tsp of salt and 4 tsp lemon juice all this masala is coating to one by one surmai fish slice by using hand. And Leave marinades for ½ and hour. (For coriander green chilli ginger paste i used 1 bowl coriander, 2 inch ginger and 2 green chilli and ¼ glass of water and grind it).
- Take 1 small bowl of semolina and 2 tsp rice flour on a plate and add ½ tsp red chilli powder and ¼ tsp salt and all to mix well.
- And Take this Surmai Fish slice one by one, put it on a coating rava plate and coat it with the fish slice.
- Turn on the flame, put it on the pan then add into the 5 tsp of oil on medium flame.
- When oil is heated then add one by one surmai slice into the pan and fry it.
- Fry for per site on medium flame 5 to 6 minutes.
- On this method, fry all Surmai slices.
- Surmai is ready to serve. Serve this surmai fry with Bhakari, roti and rice, onion and lemon