In south India, state of maharashtra and among the tamils in Sri lanka Idli is the most Popular dish at tamilian’s home. Idli is a South Indian Dish. It can Mostly made during the festival time. Idli to get Snack corners And Hotels also. It is very healthy to eat. Its taste is very delicious and soft and spongy too. It can make this Idli easily available ingredients at home. It can make this Idli in 20 minutes after fermentation of batter. Idli can make everyone at home now. There are many types of making this Idli. It is very easy to make without any putting efforts by making Idli. Idli is the combination of Boiled Rice and Urad dal and methi, salt. Idli can be served as a snack or starter and side dish by lunch and dinner time.
- 3 Bowl Boiled Rice (Medium size bowl rice)
- 1 bowl Urad Dal (White Lentil) (Medium size bowl)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 ½ Tsp salt
- 2 Glass Water
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- First take a one bowl then transfer into the 3 medium size bowls of Boiled rice and wash it for 3 times. And add ½ glass of water to soak them for 6 to 7 hours.
- Then take another bowl then transfer into the 1 medium size of urad dal and add 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds and wash it for 3 times. And add ½ glass of water to soak them at least 6 to 7 hours.
- After 6 to 7 hours Grind it Urad dal and Fenugreek seeds using soaking water to form a smooth paste. And pour into the other bowl.
- In the same way soaked boiled rice also grinds it to the Coarse paste. And pour into the same urad dal bowl.
- Then urad dal batter and boiled rice batter mix well and ferment it for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours to see that batter has good ferment.
- Then take an idli steamer and add into the 1 glass of water and put it on gas on medium flame. And cover the lid of the steamer.
- After that take one by one idli tray and grease with oil.
- Pour the batter of idli by Using big spoon.
- On this method to fill all idli trays. And idli trays are put on an idli steamer and close the lid of the Idli steamer.
- And steam the idli for 15 minutes on high flame.
- After 15 minutes turn off the flame and open the lid of the idli steamer to check if the idlis are cooked or not.( by using a toothpick to check if the idlis is sticky or not then cook the idlis for 5 minutes).
- Let idlis cool down for a few minutes. And scoop out the idlis from the tray.
- Idlis are ready to serve.
- Serve this hot Idlis with Coconut Chutney and Sambar.