Chicken Biryani is a very popular dish in India state of Maharashtra, Delhi and South state. Chicken biryani is one of the very delicious dishes to find across the world. When Mughal is came into India ruling our country and stood the empire in our country but also came in culture,cushion and various dishes that one of the dishes is the biryani. When Chicken lovers heard the name of chicken biryani, then the mouth started watering. One plate of Chicken biryani is enough for the stomach there is no need for any dish. Chicken Biryani takes time to make but after making It’s taste is very yummy. It can be made with easily available ingredients at home. There are many types of making Chicken Biryani. But today I ‘ m sharing a Maharashtrian style Chicken Biryani simple way and how to make it in a pressure cooker at home. This chicken Biryani is the combination of marination of chicken and rice and Garam Masala has a good flavor.
- 500 gm Chicken
- 1 Glass Rice (Basmati)
- 4 Onion (onion sliced)
- 2 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 Green chillies (sliced)
- 1 Boiled egg (sliced)
- 4 to 5 Garlich (finely chopped)
- 2 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 Bayleaf
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds/shahi jeera
- 4 Black paper
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp Chicken biryani masala/ biryani masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Small bowl curd
- Small bowl coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ Small bowl mint leaves
- 1 ¼ Glass of water
- 3 tsp Salt
- 4 to 5 tsp of Oil
- 2 tsp of Ghee
- Take a bowl and wash the chicken then add small bowls of curd, 1 tsp ginger garlic
paste, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, and ½ tsp
salt. And all to mix well and marinate for half an hour to leave it.
- Then Wash the Basmati rice and soak for half an hour.
- Turn on the gas flame then put it in the pressure cooker on it then add to it 5 tsp of oil when oil is heated then add to it 2 bay leaf and 1 tsp caraway seeds, add to it 4 black paper, 4 cloves, 1 cinnamon sticks and mix it.
- After that add to it 5 chopped garlic and ginger and mix well.
- Then add 4 sliced onions, stir it and add sliced green chillies and stir it. stir for onion when its colour is changed golden brown.
- Add to it 2 tomatoes finely chopped and mix it. Mix it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When tomatoes are soft then add to it ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp chicken biryani masala and 2 ½ tsp salt and all to mix it. (if chicken biryani masala is not available in the kitchen then use biryani masala also).
- Then add to it marination chicken and mix it.
- Close the lid of the cooker and cook it for 7 to 8 minutes (while the chicken is cooking then remove the pressure cooker ring and whistle).
- Then add to it soaked rice and all to mix well
- Add to it 1 tsp chicken biryani masala.
- After that add to it coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Add to it 2 tsp of ghee
- Then add 1 ¼ glass of water. And close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- And give 3 whistles for the pressure cooker on high flame.
- After 3 whistles, turn off the flame. Open the lid of the pressure cooker after 10 minutes. Chicken biryani is cooked.
- Serve Chicken Biryani garnish with sliced egg and serve with Raita and Salad.