In India’s state of Tamilnadu, karnataka, Andhra and Maharashtra curd rice is a very popular dish. In Tamilnadu and Karnataka, Aandhra is called curd rice. In Maharashtra it is called Dahi Bhat. In India’s Mostly South Indian Temples serve as prasad. Curd rice is healthy and light to have. It is Combination of Rice and Curd. It is a very simple recipe to make easily available ingredients at home. It can be made after leftover rice or prepared rice. It can be made for Curd rice as a kids lunch box and Dinner also.
- 1 bowl rice
- 2 bowl water
- 1 ½ bowl curd
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Urad Dal/Chana dal
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Pinch Hing(asafoetida)
- 7 to 8 Curry leaves
- 1 red chilli
- 2 Green chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 1 small bowl chopped coriander
- 2 tsp pomegranate
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Ghee/ Oil
- First take a bowl, add to it rice and wash it.
- Then Take a pressure cooker, add to it rice and add 2 bowls of water and to it ½ tsp salt and Mix it. Then 5 whistles on the pressure cooker and rice is cooked.
- When Rice is completely cool down then transfer into another bowl and add to it 1 ½ bowl curd and chopped chilli, salt and all to mix well. (if at home available fresh cream then add to it and mix it.)
- At last give a Tadka to the curd rice.
- Take vagar(pan) and turn on the flame put it on and heat it then add 1 tsp of ghee , then add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp mustard seeds when mustard seeds is flearted then add to it 1 tsp urad dal, curry leaves and red chilli and transfer into the curd rice bowl.
- Then add to it chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- Serve this Curd Rice garnish with pomegranate to the raita and salad.