In India Aloo tikki is the most Popular indian street food to use various chat dishes. Aloo Tikki is a very popular snack in India’s state of Maharashtra, South States, and North States. Aloo is called potato and tikki is called cutlet. There are many types of making Aloo Tikki In street food Chaat Corner. Crispiest Aloo Tikki is made in an easy way. It can be made with easily available ingredients at home. It is a combination of boiled potato and some spices.
- 4 Boiled potato
- 1 small bowl cornflower
- 2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 to 4 garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch ginger (crushed)
- 3 spoon coriander leaves
- 1 spoon mint leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ coriander powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 7 to 8 spoon oil
- First wash the potato. Take a pressure cooker then add to it potatoes and then turn on the flame and put on it and give the 3 whistles.
- After 10 minutes open the lid of the cooker, potato is cooked and potato to remove it in a bowl.
- Then remove the cover of potato and mashed potato to the masher then add to it small bowl of corn flower, finely chopped green chilli, 1 ½ tsp of red chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chat masala and 1 ½ tsp salt, 3 tsp coriander and 1 tsp of mint and all this mixture to mix well
- Turn on the gas flame and put a kadai on heat and add 7 to 8 spoon of oil. Till the oil get heated simultaneously you can start preparing Aloo Tikki , get 2 or 3 drops of oil in your palm before start preparing Aloo Tikki and make the small round shapes of this potato mixture as you see in above mage.
- Once Aloo tikkis are ready to fry , you can fry either single or multiple based on your fry kadai , fry the Aloo Tikki in heated oil till the Aloo Tikki color gets change as golden , also Aloo tikki can also make shallow fry.
- This way fry all the prepared Aloo Tikki.
- Now Aloo Tikki are ready to serve.
- Aloo tikki is very good and tasty with Coconut Chutney, Tomato catchup and Green chutney. It’s Yummy !!!!