Chicken curry is a very popular dish in India. This recipe’s taste is very delicious. It can be made with easily available ingredients at home. There are many types of chicken curry. But today I ‘ m sharing maharashtrian style spicy chicken curry. This curry’s combination of onion, tomato and dry coconut. It is very good to eat with bhakri, chapati and rice. I’m sure this will start mouth watering for chicken lovers.
- 1 kg chicken
- 3 onion
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 small bowl dry coconut(shredded)
- 1 small bowl coriander leaves
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 to 5 black paper
- 2 to 3 bay leaves
- 4 to 5 cloves
- 12 to 15 garlic cloves
- 2 inch ginger
- 5 spoon curd
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 5 to 6 tsp spicy red chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala/ chicken masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 3 glass of water
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 4 to 5 tsp oil
- First take a bowl and wash the chicken then add to it 5 spoon curd, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp salt,¼ tsp coriander powder, 4 garlic and little bit of ginger to crush on it and all this mixture mix well and keep aside for chicken magnete ½ hour.
- Let’s prepare the masala for chicken curry. Here I roughly cutted 3 onions, and ginger. Turn on the flame, put on a pan of heat to add cutted onions and ginger, 1 small bowl shredded dry coconut, 10 garlic, ½ tsp fennel seeds, 1 cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves, 4 black paper roast it. This masala roast for 10 minutes on medium flame until the colour of onion changes to light brown and coconut is brown. The colour of this mixture is changed then turn off the flame and keep aside to cool down. When this mixture is cool down then grind and also add ½ glass water, some coriander leaves and to grind it fine paste.
- Then take a pot to heat then add 5 tsp of oil when oil is heated then to add 2 bay leaves and add finely chopped tomato and mix it. Mix for 5 to 6 minutes, when the tomato is soft.
- Then add to it fine masala and stir it . Stir for 7 to 8 minutes when oil is not separated from masala then add ¼ tsp turmeric powder,¼ tsp coriander powder, 5 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder and Stir for 5 to 6 minutes then add magnete chicken and 2 tsp of salt all to mix well with this chicken.
- Then add 2 ½ glasses of water and cover the chicken pot with a lid and cook for medium flame for 20 minutes. After the chicken is cooked then garnish with some coriander.
- Chicken curry is ready to serve.
- Serve this chicken curry with bhakri, rice and slice onion, lemon