Chole Masala is very popular dish in India. It is also known as white chana or chickpease. Cooked Kabuli chana called it as a chole. It tastes very good. chana is a good source of high proteins and nutrition. Chole chana masala is good with chapati, naan,roti and puri,bread also. Especially in north india Chole Bhature is a very famous dish.
- 250gm Kabuli Chana
- 3 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 2 Green chilli
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ cup of coriander leaf (finally chopped for garnish)
- 2 Bayleves
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 tsp chole masala powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 glass water
- ½ Coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- First Kabuli chana in a bowl and wash properly and soak overnight or 8 hrs.
- Then add 1 glass of water and ½ tps of salt in soak chana and cook in a pressure cooker with 5 whistles. Now you can see Kabuli chana cooked properly and ready for recipe.
- Chop the 3 onions and 2 Tomatoes medium size.
- Let’s make masala for chole.Turn on the flame and put it on the pan then add to it ½ tsp of oil and add to all cutted onion and tomatoes also add to it finely chopped ginger and 10 garlic cloves, 2 green chillies and frying to light brown then turn off the flame . When it’s completely cool then grind it into the mixer.
- After that, turn on the flame, add 1 ½ tsp of oil in the pan when oil gets hot then add ½ tsp cumin seeds and 2 bayleves in the pan.
- Then add prepared chole masala then stir it for 5 minutes. Then add ½ tsp of Turmeric powder, ½ tsp of coriander powder, 2 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala and 2 tsp of chole masala and mix it properly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that add cooked chole ,here now no need to add extra water because cooked chole already has water. Then add 1 tsp of salt and mix it properly.
- Then cover the pan and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Then turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaf.
- Tasty chole masala is ready.
- It will be sufficient for 4 to 5 people.