Rice kheer is very popular dish in North India.It is also known as Tandalachi kheer or Rice Pudding. It is very simple and easy dish to make basic ingredients . This is made from rice and milk. It is generally made for festival or any other occasion. This sweet dish made and attempt all age group. The rice kheer taste is very delicious.
- 1 ltr. Milk
- ½ cup of rice (aambemohar rice or Basmati slice)
- 1 tsp cashew
- 1 tsp pistachio
- 1 tsp almond
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp chironji
- Safron 3 pinch
- Sugar 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardomon powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- There are two ways for rice , either wash the rice with water and soak the rice for half and hour or directly fry the rice with ghee for 10 mins and keep it in bowl.
- Cut the all dry fruits (cashew, pistachio,almond).
- In another bowl , take 1 tsp of milk and mix with 2 pinch of safron.
- Turn on the flame and put the milk pan over it, let the milk boil.
- Milk should be boil on low to medium heat till the milk reduce to half of the original quantity.
- Then Add the soak rice or fry rice into the pan. Cook it on low flame for tasty, keep stirring in continually for 5-6 minutes otherwise the kheer easily starts burning at the bottom of the pan.
- Once rice get soften then add all cut dry fruits,chironji, raisins and mixture of 1 tsp of milk and 2 pinch of safron.
- Then add 1 ½ cup of sugar and also add ½ tsp of cardomom powder. after that it will take one hour to prepare the kheer.
- After that you will see the rice and dry fruits are getting soft and that the mixture has become thick.
- Turn off the flame and add 1 pinch of safron on kheer.
- After that take out the kheer in a bowl and garnish with chopped pistachew.
- Now Kheer is ready to serve.